Friday, September 12, 2014

Casting Stones (Part 1)


I have been using the phrase “All I can do is love them through it” in some form or another more frequent lately than I ever have before. I say it a lot because it is difficult to watch your closest loves going through hard times, especially when you watch them repeat the same things that lead them to hard times in the first place.

It is easy to be the one holding a bag full of casting stones when you’re not the one encapsulated, isn't it?

This random thought happened when I was mid “all I can do is …”  the other day. I wondered how many people who have loved me longer than 13 years have repeated a similar sentiment. Because I have been in inside the House of Repeated Poor Choices for what feels like a significant portion of my adult life. When I look around, the same faces surround me.

Except – they seemingly have left their bags of casting stones outside and have come inside where I am standing.

Loving someone through something means actually grabbing their hand and walking next to them.

Not watching them from outside.


8 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully written. I've been having similar thoughts going round and round my head but just couldn't phrase it as perfectly as that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my comment was eaten! I hope it was tasty!

    Try again?

    Lately I've been living and repeating, "Judge not, lest ye be judged." Some days it applies to those around me. Other days it absolutely applies to me.

    What I'd like to live out next comes from you. " Loving someone through something means actually grabbing their hand and walking next to them. Not watching them from outside."

    Would you mind if I shard this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet. Share away. It makes me happy that my thoughts are not alone thoughts ... you know?

      Delete
  3. Ok..had a long, well thought out response. With great punctuation and grammer where I articulated my point exactly.

    I can't remember it now......lol

    It went something like I know I judge..and I don't know if I "walk inside" with anyone, but I do what I know to do.......and so forth and so on.

    ReplyDelete